Monday, April 7, 2008

Progress?














Some years ago before thruways were as prevalent as they are today, I was driving with a buddy from Plattsburgh, NY to the City. It was getting to be around 9:30pm and I'd had a long day, so my friend volunteered to drive. I agreed and told him all he had to do was stay on route 9N south (9 NY has many route 9's all identified with letters which don't correspond with direction)

To make a long story short, my friend drove for about 3 hours at which point I woke up, to find that we were almost exactly at the place where I had gone to sleep. By not paying attention to the signs My friend manage to drive us around a mountain.

I'm going to hazard a guess that these days there are many, many human beings that aren't paying attention to the signs. The possibility of finding the answers we need in a place that many today consider "primative" is at least as probable as it is improbable.

Many so-called advances are a step in the wrong direction.

No comments: